TALKS and TRAILS
Veronica Bowerman gives talks and presentations on various subjects
(Not just Henleaze) - some examples below
For other talks please contact her using the Contact Us webpage
She is also one of ALHA's (Avon Local History and Archaeology's) recommended speakers.
PREVIOUS TALKS/PRESENTATIONS HAVE INCLUDED:
- Amelia Edwards, Egyptologist, Author And Journalist (Bristol Resident 1864 - 1892) - SEE TRAILER ON RIGHT
- Blind Schools In Bristol
- ***Maps Can Help Local & Family History Researchers***
- History Of Henleaze, Including Henleaze Lake
- History Of St Margaret's School, Henleaze
- Famous Henleaze Folk
- University Of Bristol - Connections With Henleaze's Local History
AUDIENCES AT PREVIOUS TALKS/PRESENTATIONS INCLUDE:
FAMILY, LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETIES, SCHOOLS, UNIVERSITY and OTHER ORGANISATIONS
Avonmouth Genealogy Group, Bath Family History Group, Bishopston, Horfield & Ashley Down Local History Society, Bristol & Avon Family History Society, Filton Historical Group, Guild of the Trinity Henleaze URC, Hanham Local History Society, , Knowle & Totterdown Local History Society ( KTLHS) , Langford History Group, Malago Society, Paulton History Society , Stoke Bishop Local History Group, Stoke Lodge History & Archaeology Group, U3A, Weston-super-Mare, Weston & District Family History Society, Whitchurch Local History Society, Wrington Local History Society, Yatton Local History Society.
SCHOOLS AND UNIVERSITIES
Henleaze Junior School, Red Maids' School, St Ursula's, University of Bristol Language School
Clifton Trefoil Guild, Henleaze Library, Henleaze Morning Ladies' Guild, Mothers' Union, St Peter's Church, Henleaze, North West Bristol Camera Club, St Andrew's Ladies Club, Avonmouth, Staple Hill Methodist Church - Ladies and Men's Group,The Henleaze Society.
CANCELLED - THURSDAY, 28 March, 2019 - Staple Hill Methodist Church - Ladies and Men's Group CANCELLED
CANCELLED Topic: SOME FAMOUS FOLK FROM HENLEAZE CANCELLED
FRIDAY, 13th September 2019 - Banwell Society of Archaeology
Topic: HOW OLD MAPS CAN HELP WHEN RESEARCHING FAMILY OR LOCAL HISTORY
MONDAY, 10 February, 2020 - Bristol & Avon Family History Society (B&AFHS )
Topic: THE BLIND SCHOOLS IN BRISTOL
*** Some links included in this talk that may of use?***
- North Somerset Historic Environment Record interactive map
- Bristol City interactive maps based on their archive collection and historic environmental records
- Alan Godfrey Maps - reasonably priced reprints of old Ordnance Survey maps
- Historic England showing listed buildings etc.
- Cassini Maps - historical maps updated, books and other related items of interest
- History Pin - a global community collaborating around history
- Vision of Britain - created by Humphrey Southall and the GB Historical GIS (Geography Information System) at UoPortsmouth
- Aerial Photos (1939-2012)
- Britain from Above - 61,000 images (1919 - 1953)
- Ordnance Survey - range of symbols, abbreviations etc.